Tapping my feet in a dance class after "not sure after how many" years!


As soon as I returned from "awesome" Chennai trip, I had to rush to take admission for Shiamak's monsoon batch. As always, because of OCD(google for it!) (JK!), I managed to have my ICard for the dance class within next few hours of my landing in Hyderabad.

I was super excited (nothing unusual) when I heard comments from my friends like "Ohooooo, Shaimak's classes" (*style* *style*)!

I was literally counting hours while I was in office and I had my dance class in the evening. My first class..wow! I reach there and to my surprise, I see students from the age group of 10 to (.. Can't mention it here..else I will be fired by my dance class friends, Guess who? ;)) It was nice to see all of them, but I was skeptical if I will really enjoy with such a varied age group people.

And then comes our introduction..Someone was a teacher, to a student , to a software professional( yeah, me too), house wife , and what not! And now I am even more skeptical, if I'll have fun with all of them. :-/

I loved the work out session we had everyday, but the real fun always began after the dance class hours when I was punished to actually miss doing exercise since ages and hence the body ache! :( Never mind, it was always worth the fun.

And it was only after few classes that my left brain had an idea to get all of the dance mates on FB group. Everyone very much wanted the same, just someone had to break the ice! And yeah, then our FB group "Jazz unlimited" had all "practice" event invites on its wall..Will you believe who was the most excited student to practice after dance class? Surprisingly, a mother of two girls. Hats off to her! She got us at her place to practice so that we do well for the stage show.

Our entire batch was so energetic - like we celebrated surprise birthdays, without the birthday boy :) Just needed a reason for get together. Had great fun dancing on songs like dhinkchika dhinkchika, learning moon walk etc etc

The only sad part in these 5 weeks was our batch size went on decreasing for some unavoidable reasons. Finally left with 21 for the dance show!

Now, the most important day comes 07/08/2011..Ohhooo..clock started ticking for the stage performance, but we all were busy taking photographs to capture the fun moments together. The concern which all of us had for each other was fantabulous - e.g. sharing aloo parathas to ensure we are bang on for the dance etc etc.

And we had a blast (check the video! ) Our dance was really bang on..(except few of "us" missed some steps :P never mind but! ) And we also had a post stage show party at eat street but, since I had to fly to US, I missed it :(. I never ever thought that when I'd say the final bye to all my batch mates, I will feel so nostalgic.. It was a very tough moment to realize the dance classes are over! :-( But, its just the beginning. Our group would certainly get together to have fun again! Miss you all !!










Comments

  1. good stuff! saw the video..pretty cool ya! :) i wanna join shiamak's class as well..always end up missin d batches.. anyway now i won't..nt after seeing d performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. supr ankita,nycli narrated;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And its still stuck with me as 'Kaash'!!

Acceptance in Life has no alternative!

A scary night that was..!