Acceptance in Life has no alternative!

Remember the last time when you were asked to do a project in office which you hated the most, assigned work with a "team mate" (working with whom is the last thing in life you would like to do :P, annual hike (?),serious fight with your best buddy, last Good bye to someone(not sure if you will see the person ever again or not :( ) and the list continues....I am sure all of us would have come across one of these, may be few hours back or few days back or may be few months back. And then, we don't miss to repeat those instances to all our friends who tend to show sympathy to us( no matter how long the list of sympathetic friends is, we don't mind to tell our so called "woes" over and again)

These are the times when things just happen contradictory to our expectations. At first, it seems sometimes "life is being very rude to us", "We are being treated in the most ruthless way possible", "why ONLY me!" and the stream of negative thoughts starts rushing at the speed of light.

We have always had an option to "Think or NOT think", "Expect or NOT expect"..but does life ever give us an option like "Accept or NOT accept"..I wish it did that but, No it does not. :(

As a child, we have always been told by elders or expert advice passed on by friends that "Everything happens for a reason". But the power of negative thoughts forces us to forget it. And eventually, after cribbing, and also as some time passes, we do realize that things happened for a reason and the reason is obvious then. It was the best that could have happened to us.

And then we speak to ourselves that "why did I bother ourselves with so many thoughts" "why did I set some expectation for stuff over which I no control " etc etc but do we really remember it when similar things happen again down the line? ? Sad, but we don't. We are somehow so used to repeat this whole episode of innumerable and useless questions and doubts, over and again and cause agony to no one other than we , ourselves.

So, I decide from now on "Life, I will just accept things as they come my way because I am sure nothing other than BEST I am bound to get ". Do you second that ? :-)

Comments

  1. You may have decided for now that you will accept the life as it come. But you will be cribbing again because life will, as always, find something new that you didn't remotely expected. And this cycle goes on.. that's life. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Assim.:-) I will try not to get into that vicious circle of expectations and acceptance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your post and liked it.....but may be i have my own thought process, some places complimenting ur thought and somewhere may be not.....

    but well written.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. really good di....one should really take life as a package...and accept both the gud and the bad with open arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely written :)
    keep blogging

    -Sourabh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally second that and feel the same as of now :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome :-). Your writings are soo inspiring. Not a bit of ur thoughts is worth missing. Keep writing for us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sonal : I liked your post very much. Thanks! @Kedar : Thanks for your crtic comments as always :)

    @Shweta : I second it completely!

    @Sourabh : Thanks :)
    @Naveli : I know ;)
    @Rims : I don't need to write blogs to get my thoughts to you..You know them all very well. And thanks for the compliments. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When u remember any so called "bad episode" happened previously it makes u laugh and when u remember any "good episode" happened it makes you cry....so nature maintain the balance of good and bad feeling always. So do what u like to do with an confidence that its going to anyway balance out by some fundamental laws governing our life.

    I am sure tumhe ye samajh nahi aaya hoga...but i am sure that u will repeat this again because thats what i call "ankism" :)

    well written, liked the 4th reason in the first para but not more than this line "I am sure nothing other than BEST I am bound to get". I am sure u will. Njoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And its still stuck with me as 'Kaash'!!

A scary night that was..!