Wonderful experience.."Hyderabad 10 K Marathon" www.hyderabad10k.com















After registering for Hyderabad 10 K which was to be held on 28th Nov 2010, when I was actually showing off to my friends that I'm participating in Marathon(I didn't disclose though that I'm participating as "Amateur Runner" :P )..the comments were - "You gonna break your leg this time after you recently had neck sprain" , "Do you know what is 10 K ? Its 1* 10 = 10 KMS..you'll fall flat on your face!!! " Gosh! All of these dissuading comments, persuaded me more to participate in the marathon!!



And then a day before the marathon, I got an invitation for my friend's wedding reception(20 kms away from my place!) and I returned at 2 am..I'd a cab pickup for the marathon at 6 am! Now, the actual play started..(I'm hearing two voices starting 2.30 am)

Voice 1 : " Ankita, its TOO late..you'll miss the cab for sure..so better don't even try to get up.Have good sleep".

Voice 2 : "Oh Ankita, you can , its a matter of just a day..may be you'll be exhausted but its worth it..Set up more than 1 alarms to make sure you get up!"


Over Enthusiastic (:P) me followed Voice 2!


Unbelievable, but I was all set to leave at 6 am..But the cab driver was notified of some weird pick up address for me(which I've not even heard of)..so 30 mins delay..and I missed the cab to drop me at the marathon venue, I missed it..all Amazonians left :(

Voice 1 : " Ankita, better go home and have good sleep..no choice!".(Lazy me talking)

Voice 2: " Look out for some alternate transort arrangement and reach the venue!


Intelligent (:P) me followed Voice 2!


FINALLY, I reached the venue..! :) Now, another hurdle..I need some company :( RUN ALONE?? NO wayz..I somehow figured some Amazonians contact no and got FANTASTIC company of Soniya, Mukesh, Srikanth..we started the marathon with some pics :D (What a starting !)


And we crossed the VIP enclosure first..where there were some actors, big personalities but I knew none!(How can I :P Its been just 3 months here in hyd! ) Still I took some pics(atleast for uploading on picasa :P )


50 m board we saw..and We all were so happy to see some drinks being served (No pun intended!) and we grabbed some Glucon-D and started moving ahead, of course with few more pics.. And yeh to our surprise, some drums too..Wow, I wish we could actually dance there..coz we were not renowned VIPs ..But had to maintain decency. :)


And we breathed a sigh of relief on seeing "1 km"(though we pretended to forget "9 more kms to go")! Had some drinks and water again and started moving..


And the recursion of drums, rock band, drinks, water, photos..Oh I didn't forget to mention "RUN" because we ran for some few seconds(should be minutes rather) which were few and far between but YES, we did brisk walk without even taking break and sitting for one microsecond! Isn't that commendable? Yeah , it is :) We completed 10 K in 123 mins! (Pat on our backs!)


I could see one of the most beautiful areas and most busiest roads of Hyderabad(necklace road - which is around the Tank Bund lake) as a pedestrian(and as a runner too, no matter for some time :P )


In a nutshell, it was real good fun, made new friends, did some workout(not sure if I shedded some kilos), added some pics to my collection and most important - Good memories and Good experiences ! :)

Comments

  1. Great...even we had a marathon of 5 km at Oracle today morning ...early morning marathon is surely a great experience :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant believe that you completed 10KM LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And its still stuck with me as 'Kaash'!!

Acceptance in Life has no alternative!

A scary night that was..!