Wish fulfilled -- Visit To Hotel Orchid,Mumbai! :)

Well, I remember the college days when I used to spend hours in library and search for biographies and one fine afternoon after a very boring lecture(not to mention which.. :P), fortunaltely, I could grab one...Mr.Vithal Venkatesh Kamat's 'Idli , Orchid and Willpower'...The name itself made me restless to complete the book in one day..I was wondering how these three words in the title explain Mr.Vithal's roadmap to success ! and I wanted to know it before I go to the library the next day!..It was a really good book(although the language and size did not fascinate me...)

While reading this book, I was wondering if I could visit his hotel(Asia's First Eco-tel) Hotel Orchid, Mumbai ever and the picture created for the hotel by this book.. I had almost reached his hotel (obviously in dreams :P )!! And I was telling myself.."Ankita..come back..not possible to go to Hotel orchid!!"

Little did I beleive that 1 fine day I will get an invitation for a conference there!! Wow! I was selected as an speaker for a conference 'IBM developerWorks Unconference 2009'... (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/) More than anything else, the venue left my eyes wide open..I was excited to go Hotel Orchid..And when I reached there on 11 Dec 2009, the picture I had was entirely different than what the book had created one for me!! (The bookish one was better though!)..This hotel has given me very good memories whcih I will cherish life long..like I was awarded as the "Best Speaker " there, among very eminent speakers who were much more experienced than me and it was a great experience to listen to such great speakers from the IT industry and I learnt a lot from the customers(as it was my first customer interaction.. :) )

While reading the book, I had thought of few more things..like I will talk to Mr.Kamat if I go there ..(I know it was pretty impossible but no harm in trying atleast..you never know when impossible would say aloud 'I'm possible')..but I had to leave back for Pune so I could not even try..I wish I get a chance again to back there and then I will give it a try atleast! :):):)

Comments

  1. hey congrats yaar :) i knw it must have been a wonderful experience :) congrats once again ... and i wish u gud luck for ur future ahead :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. am glad ur dream became a reality... :) keep writing...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ankita.. U r alwz a winner n be alwz.. wish u all d best for future.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well .....i knew bt d ur achievement b4 n m nt here 2 discuss dt coz dt is nt a pt in describing as i alwaz say u r my wndrful intelligent freak ...bt dis new side of urs writing ur 1st blog so butifuly as a hard core professional rely vry nicely riten... u must b expcting me 2 rite dis dn wry.. m cumin 2 it many congratulatns both 4 ur achievement n ur dream cumin true .... u deserve it rite ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also there and your speech was really very impressive...All the best...God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hay congrats both 4 ur achievement n ur dream cumin true .... u deserve it rite ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And its still stuck with me as 'Kaash'!!

Acceptance in Life has no alternative!

A scary night that was..!